Monday, April 27, 2015

ACAI BOWLS

Have you ever tried an acai bowl? No?! Well, you're in for a treat. At least you would be if you had one right now, but you're in luck! I am going to show you what an acai bowl looks like....half way eaten. HAHA! Ok, I totally spaced taking an "instagram worthy" food picture before I stuffed my face with a spoonful of acai!

Acai- Tropical fruit from Central and South America. 

They look like an ordinary blueberry, but they're NOT! They're packed with MANY nutritious benefits. Go here to read all about them: http://www.doctoroz.com/blog/lindsey-duncan-nd-cn/so-whats-so-good-about-acai-whole-lot


Now, Acai BOWLS are basically frozen acai berries all blended up into a smoothie type consistency (you can get them already purred and pre-packaged at your local whole foods store, on Amazon, or online through one of the biggest acai producers http://www.sambazon.com/ ). Then you add whatever fruit you want on top. What's great about these is that they're VERY customizable! Put whatever you want on top! Along with some granola, coconut, almonds, chia seeds, etc.  and then drizzle agave or honey on top! It is a refreshing bowl of heaven! This would be a great post workout meal. I would say snack, but you will feel pretty full afterward. I will probably do a tutorial of how I like my acai bowls, if you guys would like to see that.

Anyway! Let's get on to the important stuff! The photos of what ours looked like! :) (husband, myself and my daughter).


Bowl of amazingness that we started eating before realizing we never took a pic. Oopsie! (left) Coconut Lime Breeze: Blended acai, coconut, lime, and then everything you see on top in the picture. (Right) PB&C- Peanut Butter & Chocolate: Blended acai and chocolate, granola, assorted fruit, mini chocolate chips sprinkled on top and then peanut butter drizzled on top.


Then, of course, my husband had to try the other food truck right next to the acai trailer. I'd be lying to you if I just blamed wanting a corn dog all on my husband. Hello?! I'm Polynesian, I LOVE food! Especially, FRIED food! Ha ha! So, we got some corn dogs too. Should I have gotten one? Probably not. Would I have been just fine with JUST an acai bowl? Probably. But, that's no fun, right? Especially when another food truck is just a few steps away! It was like the BEST BUFFET EVERRR! Ha ha! These corn dogs were GINORMOUS! Very good, not as good as Disneyland's but, pretty close. I didn't even finish mine because of how huge they were. Plus, I was already pretty full after eating my acai bowl. Shocking, I know.

Then at this "food truck rally" they have this school bus all decked out and open to those who are eating at the event to go in and sit down! They have a bench inside as well as all the seats were turned creating BOOTHS! Yes, it was almost magical...like the magic school bus...but, with food. LOL! I'm so weird. 

 This is my little poser ;) 

Click the link below to see what it looks inside. My video wasn't uploading so, I'll just lead you to their fb page :) 


Now one last picture of the King and Princess of selfies  goofing around on the bus with the weird "bus driver"! 


It was a great family night. I definitely recommend trying out an acai bowl if you don't wanna feel guilty about having a sweet treat and or meal. Depending on your appetite ;) No more cookies or pastries needed....ok, maybe they're still needed, at least for me anyway :) 

So, look up some of your local food trucks and give them a try! Food trucks aren't ALL just fried foods :) Support your local businesses :) 

Alright, it's late, so I'd better go catch up on my Netflix...I mean sleep. 

Until next time, 

OXOXO 

No comments:

Post a Comment