Friday, May 1, 2015

FLASH BACK FRIDAY

Ok, I realize this isn't beauty but I really wanted to share this with you all.

This is a little poem that I hope will uplift and inspire you to pay more attention to those around you. Whether they be your kids,  nieces, nephews, aunts, uncles, but more specifically, your parents and grandparents.

I was on Instagram and another favorite beauty youtuber, Bonnie Hellion posted this poem by Shel Silverstein. I'm sure you've heard of it but, I wanted to share it with you anyway because I had never heard of it. At least not that I can remember. It just really hit me.


Guys, I literally almost cried. My mom passed away a little over 3 years ago. It is never easy going through the loss of a loved one. My father is a strong person but, of course, it's still really hard on him. This poem really opened my eyes and helped me realize that sometimes we forget that adults need attention too. We focus a lot on giving more attention to our children (rightfully so), but we forget those who raised us, fed us, and changed our poopy diapers. Ha ha! 

After reading that poem I went out to lunch with my dad. I didn't get any pictures because I was just spending as much time as I could with him. Giving him all my attention. It was great. We even took the scenic route home and just talked in the car. I urge you all to find time to pay attention to the adults in your life. They need attention too. 

If you don't follow me on my vlogging channel on youtube, you wouldn't know that I am adopted. I was adopted at 6 months from W. Samoa.  This was the day I was sealed to my family for all eternity in the Oakland LDS Temple. Sorry it's so blurry, I took it with my iPhone and then cropped the rest of my family out. BAHAHA! 


Wedding Day! May 20th, 2006. Daddy's girl. Yay for skinny pictures! Lol! 


Daddy daughter dance. This was so fun :)


Look how studly my husband looks next to my tiny mama. :) My husband (Ben) always felt like he was going to break her when he'd give her hugs. :)


My dad (Gramps) with just a few of his granddaughters. Yeah, my daughter likes to think she owns her gramps' lap when going to Wal-mart or Sam's. She would rather ride than walk. THAT'S MY GIRL! ;) 



Now, go give your kids a hug and tell them you love them...then go call your parents and grandparents and tell them you love them!

Thanks for stopping by!

Stay chic,

- ChicHulaGirl



No comments:

Post a Comment